This year has been another incredible one, surpassing even the last which has been a huge surprise for me. I feel abundantly blessed and I thank you all for your support and encouragement yet again...I couldn't do this without you.
* A great highlight was to be featured in (and on the cover of) Artful Blogging magazine...it is a publication I have admired for some time...and also to write for Somerst Studio Gallery magazine.
* It has also been an honour for me to contribute to public art in my community, from painting live at Good Earth Café on separate occasions to having work accepted for Art-in-Motion (bus pass) and Artist's Alley (lamp post banners) as well as painting another bowl for the Food Bank's annual Empty Bowls fundraiser.
* Publishing the 52 WEEKS PROJECT book and showing the body of work at Bluerock Gallery was the culmination of a long but rewarding year of painting Totem Animals.
* It was a privilege to share my work in another solo exhibit at Inglewood Fine Arts in Calgary and also beginning a wonderful relationship with Daffodil Gallery in Edmonton.
* The AIRdirondack Art Project saw it's fifth Gala and raised almost three times the amount for arts and culture in my community than it did in its first year...a huge milestone.
* I received a promotion to Arts & Culture Coordinator for the Airdrie Public Library so I am grateful that my role in the arts in the community is growing.
* Forty-four paintings found lovely new homes this year...thank you!
* 'Grandmother Moon' is now available as a tea tin at The Naked Leaf in Kensington in Calgary.
* I had the opportunity to teach an online workshop through 21 SECRETS...it is also still available here.
* And finally, I have been honoured with a nomination for the Mayor's Night of the Arts awards to be held on January 31...I am beyond touched.
Honouring the Ancestors
Great Places Plan