I have taken a bit of a break from teaching in the past couple of months, but while I was going through my supplies I found a great list of questions that I ask students, but are really great for any artist:
1. What worked well in your project/piece?
2. Why do you feel it did (consider colour, contrast, line, composition, subject matter)?
3. What didn't work as well as you had hoped?
4. Is there a way to fix this issue?
5. Can you ask someone trustworthy for feedback?
6. What have you learned that will help you in the next project/piece?
Reflection is such a huge part of what I do. I find that if I don't make a conscious effort to think about what I'm doing and why, I often struggle. Just need to remember to reflect more often.
AIRdirondack Art Project