This was a no-brainer...I absolutely love my easel. I have tried many easels over the years but found this beauty about 10 years ago and it fit every priority I had for the perfect easel:
1. It is extremely sturdy - I really don't like my canvases to 'jiggle' while I work;
2. It can hold canvses up to 7 feet in height;
3. It folds flat to about 4 feet in height by 2 feet in width (which means it can slide under a bed when we have a house full of overnight guests);
4 It holds both standard and gallery canvases as I like switching back & forth;
5. It takes up very little floor space - the base measures 2x2 feet;
6. It can also hold tiny little canvases;
And, finally, it is made of sustainably grown and harvested lumber...perfect!