After many years of successful grant proposals on behalf of different companies I worked with, I am considering applying for one personally. I've begun reading The Artist's Guide to Grant Writing by Gigi Rosenberg who suggests being interviewed in order to clarify your thoughts and ideas and to interview others to gauge how your work resonates in the world. I decided to record myself in order to document and share my insights and wanted to share these questions publicly. Please feel free to respond honestly and in whatever capacity you would like as I would especially love to hear how my work makes you feel and if it makes even a small difference.
1. After you've seen my work, what questions, insights or feelings do you have?
2. What does my work make you think about?
3. What about my work is disturbing or intriguing?
4. What do you see as unique strengths in my work that you consider special or different?
5. If you were describing my work to a friend, what would you say?
6. What do you enjoy about my work?
AIRdirondack Art Project