This is from today's local paper and I love that they included a photo of this young lady, she was thrilled that the paper was at the Art Program at the library last weekend and she is such a joy to be around. Speaking of joy, I constantly read articles about being positive but recently came across a great one about reducing stress and drama in your life. These are the points that I connected with:
1. It's okay to settle...not everything needs to be perfect.
2. Let go of negative thoughts...self explanatory.
3. Let go of negative people...who also contribute to negative thoughts (sometimes difficult to do).
4. Be authentic...just be yourself.
5. Quit work you dislike...don't settle, keep looking.
6. Be organized...be on time (consideration for self & others), remove clutter, don't rush.
7. Finish...or let it go.
8. Stay out of debt...again, self explanatory.
9. Be honest & kind...speak your truth but not at someone else's expense, you'll sleep easier.
10. Finally, it's your choice...your life, relationships, and career are in your own hands.
The greatest way for me to avoid stress is to read...this is my latest:
Let the Great World Spin
by Colum McCann
Okay, I picked this book up several times, read a page or two and put it back down. Initially I just couldn't connect with it BUT as I got further into the story I have to say I LOVED IT and couldn't put it down! It takes place in the mid-1970's and begins with a tightrope walker high up between the World Trade Center towers. The story weaves through the lives of many different people, whose journey intersect at some point. It was really was a fascinating tale of hope and I'd have to place it in my top ten list of favorites. Seriously.
AIRdirondack Art Project