I am having so much fun with my sketchbook these days...if I'm not drawing in it with a very fine point sharpie (so the ink doesn't leak through the pages), I'm adding gesso to the pages so I can paint with acrylics (my favorite media). This is a great way to experiment with different forms and colours while I toil away on canvases for my exhibit in August (and I mean toil in a good way). Plus it's wonderful to be able to incorporate quotes that touch me. I keep wanting to add words to my paintings but just haven't found a way that is comfortable for me...maybe some day.
Recently I read an article that featured several chefs favorite things, which got my mind wandering to delicious food (enjoying good food is something my whole family has in common...fortunately I have a very diverse family - Italian, Portuguese, French, Guayanese, Paraguayan, German, Aboriginal, Mexican among others - absolutely LOVE being part of a large multicultural family).
A few of my favorites:
1. Breakfast: eggs benedict with hash browns or my husband's thin German pancakes with maple syrup & strawberries
2. Dinner: turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing and homemade cranberry sauce OR homemade perogies, cabbage rolls and sausage...it's a toss up...plus I love Portuguese spicy potatoes and manicotti and bannock...this is a tough one
3. Snack: ham sausage, ritz crackers and grana padano cheese
4. Desert: warm chocolate pudding with whipped cream OR lemon meringue pie
5. Home baking: chocolate chip cookies (and cookie dough, too) OR home made bread
6. Treat: Miss Vickie's sea salt & malt vinegar chips & Dad's root beer (a guilty pleasure)
7. Restaurant: The Grizzly Paw brew pub in Canmore
8. Ingredient: homemade vanilla
9. Tool: Kitchenaid mixer
10. Food to Avoid: olives (really, really don't like olives)
Comments are closed.