I'm half way! 😊
The other day I was listening to an interview between Tom Power and Milck on CBC Radio which resonated with me. Even though her song 'Quiet' was written in response to abuse, it ended up becoming the anthem for the Women's March in Washington, just like the poem titled Nasty Woman by Nina Mariah Donovan. It amazes me how so many women and artists feel similar in the desire to band together and speak up for those who cannot.
I want to share a few lessons I've learned so far during the progress of this #100daysnastywomen project. It has been an emotional roller coaster for me...my goal was to be an encouragement to others and, in that regard, I hope at this point I have succeeded in some small way. Through this beginning I have learned a few things, mostly about myself...some good, others not so much.
• I know amazing women
• beauty definitely radiates from within
• collaborations are incredible
• I really want everyone to be happy
NOT SO GOOD
• deadlines are good but this is a little tight (what was I thinking?)
• being online every day can be draining
• the smaller the image, the more challenging the painting becomes (I'm not exactly a detail person)
• I do worry too much about the perception of others
Now I just need to keep going, to walk & write through some of the difficult stuff and enjoy the good stuff...all of these incredible women, for one. ❤