Writing a Press Release
Writing an article for publication is similar to writing a bio & statement, 1 page with a different layout:
• FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE should be top and centre
• Write in 3rd person, full name followed by pronouns or last name
• - end - or - 30 - is centered at the end of your article, following a short mini bio
• CONTACT INFORMATION should be on the bottom and includes:
• Your name
• Telephone number
• Email address
• Social media links
• When publishers have space and a short deadline, sometimes articles are published ‘As Is’ so grammar, language usage and links should be well checked prior to submission.
• Have photographs ready to submit…with you working, of the work itself, with you holding the work or with it behind you on a wall or easel.
• Publisher’s websites, magazines, etc will usually have submission and contact information guidelines.
• Keep working MS Word documents but also save as a PDF
Comments are closed.